At Walla Walla Pediatric Dentistry, we understand that the first visit can be intimidating for the little one and even the parent! The following is important information for a successful first visit for our new patients of any age.
We look forward to ensuring your child’s superior dental health for years to come!
- Our goal is to help children learn to trust the dentist and feel comfortable in the dental office from a very young age so they can be happy dental patients throughout their lifetime.
- Children appreciate having a parent with them during any appointment. We encourage parents to remain with their child for all procedures. Your role as a positive, yet silent observer will allow your child to create a rapport with Dr. Stacey and her team.
- A positive attitude is vital in preparing your child for a great visit. It is good to tell him/her about the upcoming visit, but also important to not “over-prepare.” If you are unsure how to answer a question, it is best not to make up an answer. Telling your child, “I don’t know, we will have to ask the dentist about that,” is always a safe way to respond.
- Please complete the New Patient Forms before your first visit so we can maximize your time with us.
- Bring all of your questions and concerns to our attention during this visit.
- Bring all insurance information to your visit.
- Read New Patient Terminology.
- The first appointment will last approximately 45 minutes. It will consist of :
- A review of your child’s medical history and any past dental experiences
- A comprehensive dental examination
- Dental radiographs, if appropriate
- Customized anticipatory guidance
- Dental prophylaxis
- Fluoride application.
- The information gathered during this visit will allow Dr. Stacey to recommend the best options for your child’s future dental health and care.